There are many different methods of operation and follow-up treatment of cruciate ligament injuries. Every physician and /or surgeon has their own ideas regarding the course of follow-up treatment, and every knee joint reacts differently to load stimulation after an operation. It is therefore not possible to present a generally valid treatment procedure here.
Nevertheless, we would like to describe a number of approaches:
• All movements should always be performed free of pain, smoothly and calmly
• Gradually increase the frequency and duration of exercises
• Perform exercises several times per day (3-4 times)
• Gradually increase duration of exercises from 5min up to 30min
• The most comfortable position is to lean the upper body against a solid object (e.g. wall, bed). This also prevents the pelvis from moving position during the exercise
• If prescribed by the physician, the movement resistance can be increased by means of the positioning wheel.